Monday, August 25, 2008

The weeklong lesson...

Often, the sky is lost... clouded by torrents of daily monotone
And we gradually drown... Brought down by life's busy tones.
Starring at the heavens with a pair of lonely eyes,
I wonder why is my cup more empty than full?
In my frustration all I want is to scream...
While I yearn to find my own direction,
My mind is too clogged to find my own motivation
Only at the end that i see my worries as nothing more but mere illusions...
For I have focused too much on the many crossroads,
and forgetting the fact that I already have my own road!
Perhaps there is no destiny in life
Rather the key is to continue our strive
and one day our growth will unlock our fate
For our world's clockwork truly ticks, when we turn it with a smile on our cheeks!

For a long time, I can't help but feel the pressure breathing down my neck as i set my sights on completing my torrent of tasks on time. Often, I find myself overestimating my strengths while undermining my weaknesses... giving rise to disappointments and tiredness as my momentum gradually wears. Worn out and frustrated, I had let worry after worry control my rhythm. In confusion, I start to shiver and fear, and everyday begins with more drag than i could bear to lift. I questioned my competency, and if my destiny will guide me through...

Writing these lines made me relive the feelings that wear my body down for the past week. I could feel my optimism breaking down as i think more and more. Perhaps we all need a new perspective into things from time to time ... Watching the grand closing ceremony of the Olympic Games made me realize that who am I to carry such selfish worries when the world keeps revolving and flowing? True moments of life can only be forged by hard work and not a stream of worries and fear. We all are but pieces of gears that connect to move this titanic clockwork known as life. I will learn to play my part, in another week that moves us on...

3 comments:

Harry MacDowel said...

yare yare...finally read ur blog.

the pics are not as good as those u show me during msn though but erm, nice try. try simpler lines next time. ;-)

btw...really wtf...

the text seems such a huge contrast comparing wif the comic strip.

anyways, life is a long strive. We will reach our 'wahyu' soon.

haha

Wei Zhi said...

haha yea juz sum sucky cartoons to show off my new drawing tablet XD

but well... i kindof liked them. Probably its juz bcoz that the strokes carry more meaning to me haha.

raptor_ravenlord said...

this has 2 b da birdiest comic strip ever created by man.....LOL