Thursday, January 10, 2008

One Small Tick, One Big Leap

Everything Ends... and yet Everything Begins.

10 days after the amazing fireworks at Taipei 101, I still find it hard to believe the long trail of 22 years behind me and am even more amazed that i am blogging from Taiwan, a place where i never thought i would bother to visit... let alone work in and slowly fall in love with.

For me, watching the fireworks illuminating the night Taipei sky, was a moment captured in my own eternity for it was the first time I took the trouble to rub shoulders with the unbelievable crowds on new years day. With each majestic burst of light, I can nearly feel the resonance of emotions radiating in my chest with each moment where the present fades and starts... Didn't know so many thoughts can race by within a moment... must had been heck of a year.

2007 was indeed a heck of a year, and i was glad i was there to fall and climb, to cry over some bruises and to smile over some loses... I had been very much of a dreamer, trying to capture the truth behind the comfort of a deep sleep, and believing in a reality defined by a myriad of imaginations. I thought i had grown when i am just growing, thought i was wise when that wisdom is short of courage, thought i was awake when i don't even know what it means to be awake...

Perhaps still... I am dreaming. Life can only be as hopeful as the brilliance within each burst of light, but nonetheless, it is often the hope that creates the everlasting beauty only life can provide. I often thought life is about the moment at the crossroads, but perhaps theres only one path when we look beyond that hesitation. Could it be that all paths are but one, while the difference only spawns from doubt?

Perhaps i am still asleep, but through these dreams i slowly understand what i yearn to see when i finally awake. Like a journey across a never ending mirage, maps are no guide, but rather the courage to unwaveringly believe in a single direction is the key to move on. I had always believed in choices, but maybe there are times when its not a question of choice, but rather in the unshaken faith one has on the path chosen...

And so... with the last brilliant display, I savored the final moments of 2007's fading light...

What is life when everything begins to end and what is the end when there are endless beginnings? What is 2008 without 2007 and what is 2008 without 2009? What am I without yesterday nor tomorrow?

Perhaps, I am but my own path, and my world is but what I carve.
Our time is what we plan, and our will is the only beginning that never ends...

Happy 2008 ^_^V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s: yea paiseh this took so long coz it has already been heck of a 2008 ...

p.p.s: anyone bored of this post can go check out sum of my pics in taipei here. ya ya... veli little.. but i 'will' upload more XD

p.m.s: dun angry lah... i hvent got any pics wif chicks yet ^^

1 comment:

serene said...

its ok.. persevere on.. you'll be going home soon.. look forward to the good things that will come.. the best is yet to come.. =)

i'm good.. thanks for asking.. thanks for faithfully reading my blog too.. =)

hope you;ll have a safe flight back ya!