Friday, October 3, 2008

Blessed Wings


On this path I had walked alone... wandering across untold leagues, far from your hugs and smiles...
On this trail of trials and miles... I forgot the sound of your laughter and the beauty of your songs...
On this very way, I forgot your tenderness reflected in the brightness of day that never fails to replenish my hope...
On this very road, I forgot to read the messages you wrote within my heart every time you put me to sleep with a kiss filled with tranquil and home..

Home, has no better definition than seeing your smiles. Courage, has no better source than seeing you standing tall and petting my tired shoulders. Pride, has no better moment than seeing you waving at me in unison... and Love, has no better inspiration than feeling your touch and hearing your voice saying: Welcome home.

Never felt better to see everyone in my family after so long a time... Since being rendered emotionless and short tempered due to frustrating programing and crazy workload, I never felt more alive meeting up with my family... and definitely feeling old and weakened too as I am having back aches after giving my little brother a few good swings xD

May I sail through this final month of hardship and feel the warmth of my family during my long awaited break... Thanks mom and dad for coming over ... in pursuit of graduation I had slowly allowed the importance of family to slip my mind ... and in doing so I buried myself beneath a mountain of worries... I had grown but yet still so small, I had learned and yet I have forgotten and I had everything... yet I believed in nothing.

I had been a fool to walk carrying the wings of my family's blessings.... as one delivered by them to this Earth, to live and experience life as a man inheriting their blood... let me once again soar with these very wings!

5 comments:

raptor_ravenlord said...

lol back aches? that makes the 2 of us.....my back is hurting like hell after playing badminton on fri.....dats how old I m :(

serene said...

you've got a beautiful family, dan.. glad you cherishing them too! =)

Lin said...

LOL talking about back aches! i've been having them too after sleeping on the bed in my apartment!! =S
omg...we're OLD!!!

Wei Zhi said...

lol ee lin... u shud not be saying the word old ard me lahh... makes me feel even older >.<"
n what.. u r hving ahces frm sleeping... -___-" does not mean old lahh! juz means u need a better bed haha!

xinch said...

aches.... zomg. we're all old! well just that you adn tst are older lar