Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Saddest Message Left Behind...

And with his last breath his voice fades into dusk... muttering the words,"Its all better now..."

Chen Jian, a victim of the Sichuan catastrophic earthquake was buried under tonnes of debris of 70 hours, urging himself to breath every next breath and flaming his will to live through the images of his beloved wife and to be born baby. But as rescuers finally heaved him out, he succumbed to exhaustion ... creating an aftershock of emotions as people try to urge him to stand the way he had inspired them to.... but it had been his finest hour... and last as well...

It has been a while since the meaning of life itself struck me at the very core ... bringing out the natural sense of sadness and lost despite not knowing him and being half a globe apart. My tears naturally welled as I watched the clip portraying his heroic cling to life... I grieved that i have forgotten so much... I grieved that i have forgotten the value of my own life... and I grieved that he will no longer be with us ... leaving behind only a trail of emotions that touched millions....

Perhaps tragedies and lost have always been Heaven's tool to remind us of what we had forgotten in our haste to define life. Today, I will remember this saddest message, for life is filled with people who cared...

Chen Jian ... the word perseverance does not only resonate in your name but through your words.... I will remember it... I will remember this saddest but most enlightening journey of your life the way you urged us to with your last and most courageous moment ...

Perhaps Life is always more beautiful when every moment, can be our last ... may your soul ascend the stairs of heaven and find solace amidst the white clouds...... Farewell...

* 陈坚, Chen Jian, Literally meaning to One who Perseveres passed away at the age of 26....*

1 comment:

Lin said...

not sure if it's a phase of growing up or becoming old...i've learnt to cherish my family more when i came to aus...always looking forward to talking to them and going home.
and i've been avoiding videos of the earthquake...very depressing...=(
made me tear as well...oh well...
we should learn to appreciate ppl around us more =)
thanks for the video...great reminder...*sigh*